Our sightseeing for the day began at Notre Dame.
Then we took a walk through the city on our way to Luxembourg Gardens. Collin liked this fountain with the "spitting dragons", so we stopped for awhile.
Next stop was Luxembourg Gardens
I stopped in to a pastry shop along the way. I can't pronounce the name of what I chose, but it was layers of pastry with vanilla cream and chocolate. It really was delicious.
mmmm... you can practically see me salivating
We stayed at this little play area for a few hours. There were a lot of tourists there, but also a lot of local children. It was fun to hear them all trying to speak to each other in different languages. I think I heard French, English, Italian and Dutch.
After a rest at the gardens, we were ready to walk again. Saint Chapelle cathedral is in the background.
Then it was another stop off at the Louvre. Our feet were aching and it felt sooooo good to put our feet in the water
Next stop was a stroll up the Champs-Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. We don't have many pics, because we only made it about half way. Our feet couldn't take it anymore. So, we just admired the Arc from afar.
So, we started to make our way back to the boat to catch a ride back to the hotel. We stopped here at the steps of the Grand Palais for another rest. As you can see Ethan was ready for a break.
The Petit Palais
1 comment:
Hi Rachel! Your family is so cute. I am glad you are enjoying your time there! Just stopping by to say hello. Keep in touch!
Post a Comment