Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Unexpected Visitors

A good friend of ours was kind enough to surprise us with some special holiday visitors.   We rarely have anyone knock at our door, so it was quite a shock when we opened the door and saw Sinterklaas and Black Pete standing there.  The kids were a bit overwhelmed, but once they saw the gifts and the cookies, they started to warm up to the idea.  I think, Sint and Pete, are among some of the most interesting holiday characters you will find throughout the world.  
It has been fun for us to learn about and experience some new traditions.






6 comments:

Barbara said...

That looks so fun, I do think they are a little scary for small children. Great to experience the different traditions in other parts of the world.

Rachel said...

That is awesome! What a great experience for you and your kids to learn about different cultures and traditions!

Kim said...

Ok, I gotta know the history behind these two characters:).

Ku'uipo said...

Fun! I bet they were surprised...LOL

Stacie said...

Love that - I agree they look kind of scary. Glad to see you are still posting. Can't wait to see you in Jan.

Barbara said...

Wow! this blog needs a facelift. Come on Rach, time to post again