Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spain Day Three


Our second trip to the beach.
This time the sun was shining and the water was warm.


The sand in Valencia is really soft.  It was great for Collin to play in.  Not so great for Ethan, because he kept eating it and rubbing it in his eyes.



Collin and Grandpa spent a lot of time in the water.  


I loved cuddling with Ethan in my lounge chair, but yes, those white legs of mine did get very sunburned.


Another sunburn waiting to happen.  It has been over a week and Johnny is still peeling.  Thankfully, the kids stayed sunburn free.




After the beach, it was back to the City of Arts and Sciences.  

We were going to watch an IMAX movie at L'Hemisferic.  The movie is projected on to a dome and you lay back while you watch it.


This is the L'Hemisferic building.  You can see the dome inside where you watch the movie.


A different view of L'Hemisferic.


This is another structure called L'Umbracle.  It was a big walkway with many different species of plants and flowers.


This is the headset we all had to wear in the movie, so we could hear the English translation.  Collin loved it.  He pretended he was a Storm Trooper from Star Wars the whole time.

3 comments:

Berrett's said...

ok the beach looks awesome and i can't believe collin wore that thing on his head for the translation. I guess if he thought he was in star wars he would wear anything...ha ha.

Shannon said...

Paul told us about those beaches... I thought sand was sand.... I guess I was wrong... thats awesome!

melinda said...

i don't think my last comment is posted on here cause i don't see it and i am a moran so i will try again HAPPY BIRTHDAY rach the boys are getting so big collins is just a little man now